- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information we collect
- We collect personal information when you communicate with us online – by making a donation or completing a form, for example.
- We collect personal information we receive offline when you become a member, donate or participate in our events.
- We may obtain additional information and also update information we may have concerning you, as a result of your subsequent involvement with the Indiana Society of Chicago Foundation as a member, donor, volunteer, participant in our events or other engagement in our mission.
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. Form submission may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- We collect information, including your IP address, about your browser and operating system and access and use of our websites using cookies and similar technology.
How we use your information
- We use this information to register you to participate in our events, to respond to specific questions you may have, to process payments and donations made online (through PayPal and Eventbrite) and also to contact you about new activities, events and opportunities to become a member and contribute to our mission.
- We use information from cookies and similar technology to facilitate and track use of our website, to deliver web content relevant to you and to promote our mission and advertise our events or specific needs.
Sharing your information
- If you have donated or volunteered offline, we may share your name in our annual report.
- We will provide personal information in response to subpoenas, to allow law enforcement, at our request, to investigate unlawful activities on our website, to our trusted service providers and to a successor in interest by merger or reorganization.
- Please be aware that personal information that you may disclose on our social networking sites may be visible to anyone visiting those sites and may be collected and used by third parties.
- Any messages on this site or on our social media networking sites may be used in other Indiana Society of Chicago Foundation marketing activities.
- Form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we secure your information
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way via our third party providers (PayPal and Eventbrite).
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees and volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Indianasocietyofchicago.org may include links to external websites. These links do not fall under the indianasocietyofchicago.org domain, and Indiana Society of Chicago Foundation, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
Updates to the Policy
Contact Us/Opt Out
Indiana Society of Chicago
P.O. Box 46129
Chicago, IL 60646